A highly attractive optimized website is a part of every business marketing strategy. Driving traffic to our website helps us to move our visitors through the conversion funnel.
To optimize our website, we luckily have Google Analytics, where we can access everything we always wanted to know about. Be it either website visitors or anything; you can never miss out on the big picture. Google Analytics is just like a magic wand in your hand, which can do wonders when utilized in the right way.
Now, I am going to tell you X remarkable ways to use Google Analytics for optimizing your website. However, you need to make sure that Google analytics is appropriately set up on your website; else, there is a huge possibility that your analytics data can get completely twisted.
1. Bounce Rate
When it comes to optimizing your website, bounce rate is one of the significant factors that have to be taken into consideration seriously. Bounce rate tells whether your visitors stuck to your webpage or left your website after their first-page visit. The number of single visits on your website is termed as bounce rate.
If your bounce rate is low, it means that your website is highly engaging. If it is high, it means that the majority of visitors are leaving your web page.
- Use more Call To Action phrases and make sure to add more enticing, appealing, and consumable content to your web page.
- Ensure that your website has very less loading speed. If the loading speed of your website ranges in between 3-5 seconds, then it’s time for you to optimize this. Users hate slow sites, and so does Google.
- Make sure to create an exit-intent pop-up that shows another useful resource on your site to the visitors.
- Are visitors about to leave your website? Then throughout your website, make sure to display pop-up campaigns that are highly targeted.
2. Discover And Analyse The New Potential Market.
By using Google Analytics, marketers can discover new potential markets for their services/products.
If a business operates globally, then by segmenting the campaigns for different countries and analyzing them, (by viewing the number of visitors and conversion rates separately for every country) one can target on countries that can give them the best ROI (Return On Investment).
Based on the size of your business, you can target specific locations, analyse them, and this way get more and more returns.
3. Behavior Flow And User Flow
Behavior flow is incredibly helpful and enjoyable in understanding the buying path of the customer. Google Analytics is like a map which shows you the route of your website visitors. You will be able to see the information like pages that have high and least visitor interaction, the last page that was visited by the visitor before abandoning the website, etc..,
By studying the behavior flow of your visitors, you can quickly figure out the leaky spots in your sales funnel. After identifying and understanding those areas, you can take measures to reduce the drop-offs and boost your sales and revenue.
With one more important metric called User Flow, you can understand the likes and the dislikes of your visitors. Further, use this information to make changes accordingly. This helps in getting more refined results.
4. Monetize By Attracting.
1. Check the session duration of your every web page in Google Analytics,
2. Identify the pages that attract most of the users.
3. Make the most of those pages to optimize and monetize your website. Improve your conversions.
By following the above three steps, you can improve the ROI on your website.
5. Google Trends
There are many metrics in Google Analytics that are dependent on each other. Sometimes getting positioned in the first place for a competitive keyword can decrease your ROI or a viral infographic can increase your bounce rate. Hence instead of focusing on a specific thing, it is vital to have a global vision over the trends to check which works best for your website.
6. Discover The Best Source Of Traffic
Organic traffic or paid traffic? Which suits best for your website? Find this with Google analytics. After finding this, optimize your efforts and investment in places that work.
Click here to know the ways to optimize Adwords using Google Analytics.
7. Target Mobiles
With the help of Google Analytics, you can quickly figure out how much traffic comes from desktops and how much comes from mobile devices. If your mobile traffic has a high bounce rate, it means that you have to make your website more mobile friendly and at the same time incorporate ways to decrease the loading speed, etc..,
8. Identify Potential Keywords
What keywords used by users make your website pop up and what Keyword Match Type suits them the most? What keywords give your sites a high bounce rate? Always favor your website by managing your keyword listing with these questions and I’m sure that your website does wonders.
9. Find Out The Attribution Model
By using Google Analytics, it is essential to check which attribution model contributes the best to your conversion results. Check it and use the right attribution model.
10. Never Analyse Only One Thing.
There are no magic metrics for you to rank your website overnight. Never limit to analyse. If you focus only on one thing, then you will undoubtedly lose the bigger picture. Based on how your site behaves, allocate some time for analysis.
11. Conduct A Yearly Content Audit
Consider the below factors while conducting an annual content audit on your website.
- Analyze and eliminate the content that is no longer reflecting your business.
- Have a clear focus on your goal and figure out the content that best resonates with your target audience. Find out the blog posts and pages that drive most conversions and start adding them to your editorial calendar.
- Find out the keywords that bring more traffic to your website. Understand your website visitor’s intention and make sure to deliver what they need.
- Identify your best-performed content marketing pieces in the past and add similar article ideas to your editorial calendar.
These are some must-know metrics to master Google Analytics and optimize the layout of your website. Google Analytics is a fabulous place to start when it comes to optimizing anything. It takes only some time for you to analyze, but these tips serve a long way to help you create amazing marketing strategies that improve your website’s layout.